BLET is always looking for ways to add value to our membership, through programs such as our Opportunity Benefit program. The BLET Critical Illness (CI) program and Accident Insurance (ACC) have become an integral part of that program. We are pleased to inform you that Open Registration for these important benefits has begun and is open to all active, paying BLET members and their families. blet life insurance
We have made significant progress in the process outlined below. Please call Cornerstone Benefits Management for any queries or register at 224-770-5307.
WHY ACCIDENT INSURANCE ?
After an accident, you may end up spending money on unexpected expenses. Are your finances manageable? Accident Insurance is an additional cover that pays you directly if you or your family encounters an unexpected, appropriate risk. It gives you money to cover any additional, out-of-pocket expenses related to your injury; everything from insurance deductions and co-pay to helping cover rent and groceries while you recover.
Why BLET Life Insurance Is Important ?
Medical Insurance will cover you and your family for the high cost of treating life-threatening illnesses such as being in intensive care due to COVID-19, cancer, heart disease, or stroke. However, additional personal expenses not covered by medical insurance are increasing rapidly and could damage family finances. Out-of-pocket medical expenses, the loss of a loved one’s care, the cost of going to the doctor, and even a hospital stay overnight can all add to the unexpected. In the event of one of these major health emergencies, Critical Illness Insurance could be the only thing that protects you from financial damage.
WHAT’S NEW IN 2022 –
• COVID-19 Rider – People everywhere are worried about COVID-19. As a result, we have added the benefit of COVID-19 to the BLET Acute Disease Program. This cash benefit will cover costs if you are diagnosed with COVID-19 and are confined to the intensive care unit (ICU) for 5 days or more.
• Additional Benefits
• Member and Spouse can now choose up to $ 40,000 (previously $ 20,000 per employee and $ 10,000 partner)
• Child (s) can cover up to $ 20,000 at no additional cost (previously $ 10,000)
• Improved Health Benefits (now $ 100 for CI including Child Support)
• Additional Accident Charges for multiple services and injuries
The BLET Program for Serious Diseases and Dangers is different from major medical insurance. It is a daily life insurance policy. If you are ill or injured, it pays financial benefits directly to you to help cover your out-of-pocket medical expenses, daily expenses – whatever you choose.
Members with inquiries are encouraged to call Cornerstone Benefits Management on 224-770-5307. Or go online at www.blet-ci-acc.com.
1. What is BELT life insurance ?
The BLET Short-term Disability Insurance Program offers benefits to eligible participants who are unable to work due to a disability that helps protect your check. Benefits replace half of your income if you are unemployed due to a valid illness or injury.