basic project management strategies – planning, budgeting and cost tracking – are well known and widely available. But in order to be one of the best, your project staff must learn to think and act as business owners, where their money and their success are at stake.
During FMI’s Project Manager Academy, you will learn how to:
- Build profitable customer relationships
- Create strong, integrated project teams
- Understand project finance management
- Plan projects for customer benefit and satisfaction
Throughout the experience, project managers and staff assess themselves, their organizations and their processes, learning to transition from competent builders to real project leaders.
What They Were To Have
- Project Managers and Assistant Project Managers
- Project Engineers
- Project Managers
- Superintendents, Superintendents, Chief Engineers
- Vice Presidents of Operations
- Chief Operating Officers
- Improve your business skills, communication skills and leadership.
- Connect with peers from all walks of life to learn new techniques and advanced techniques.
- Understand the business owner’s idea to build better projects and customer service.
- Learn the financial implications of project management and cost improvement.
- Build better relationships with customers, peers and others in the industry.