• Attorney
  • Auto services
  • Beauty & Spa
  • Car Wash
  • Health & Medical
  • Home Cleaners
  • Hotels
  • Packers & Movers
  • Restaurant
  • Shopping Centers
  • Shops
  • plumbers & Services

Finding you a brighter tomorrow

Making decisions about how to move forward can be emotionally charged, complex, and confusing. When your family’s future is your first priority, you deserve representation that will focus all their energy on helping you bring your vision to life. Whether you are considering divorce or separation, have co-parenting needs, or want to put together a comprehensive estate plan, our team is here to support you. We provide the education and resources you need to understand your options and help mitigate conflict.


Finding the right firm to help you is an investment and not just financially. You want to take the time to select a team who understands your objectives and has the capacity and experience to help you be successful. When you look back, whether a year or five years from now, we want you to know you did everything you could to help your family thrive.

Elise Buie Family Law Group has passionate, creative, problem-solving family law and estate planning attorneys who will work tirelessly to support you. We serve clients in King, Pierce, Snohomish, Mason, Island, Thurston, and Kitsap counties.


We Practice Law Differently

If you want something radically different from the traditional corporate experience, you may have just found your dream opportunity. Explore our open positions, if you do not see something that fits your experience but you would like to connect, send us your information. We are growing.

Additional Details

  • REAL ESTATE:Construction, Eminent Domain, Foreclosure & Alternatives, Housing & Construction Defects, Land Use & Zoning, Landlord & Tenant, Real Estate
  • DIVORCE & FAMILY LAW:Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Collaborative Law, Divorce & Separation, Domestic Violence, Family Law, Father's Rights, Military Divorce, Same Sex
  • CIVIL & HUMAN RIGHTS:Civil Rights, Constitutional Law, Discrimination
  • ACCIDENTS & INJURIES:Airplane, Bus & Helicopter Accidents, Animal & Dog Bites, Asbestos Mesothelioma, Assault & Battery (Plaintiff), Birth Injury, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accident, Dangerous Products, Defamation, Drugs & Medical Devices, Medical Malpractice, Motor Vehicle Defects, Personal Injury, Personal Injury Defense, Premises Liability, Railroad Worker Injury & FELA, Sexual Abuse, Toxic Mold, Toxic Torts, Truck Accident, Workers' Compensation, Wrongful Death,
  • Certified Professionals:Yes
  • Budget Friendly:Yes
Show all
    Q Will the court in Washington State punish a person who cheats on their partner or spouse?

    No. Washington in a no-fault divorce state. A couple’s property will be divided equitably without regard to infidelity.

    Q Can I appeal my final divorce in Washington State?

    In certain limited circumstances, you may appeal the court’s decision as follows:

    Post-divorce life changes: The areas of a divorce settlement that are altered most frequently are those involving child support, parenting, and spousal support. These orders can be altered in the event of certain life changes. For instance, if you are ordered to pay child support and lose your high-paying job or have more children with your new partner, you can file a motion to modify the child support order.

    Parenting plans can be modified for several reasons. The most common is if one parent wishes to relocate to another area. Also, if one parent becomes unfit to be responsible for children, due to arrest, mental health, addiction, or another reason, modifications to the parenting plan are warranted.

    You can also ask the court to make a change in the amount of spousal support you receive from your ex if he or she starts earning a higher level of income. When you file your motion, you will also need to provide documentation to back up your request. Please note that Washington law requires financial change to be significant in order to qualify for a modification of spousal maintenance.

    Court/Legal Errors: Courts make mistakes, which can lead to an unfair judgment. In these circumstances, you may file an appeal. When you appeal a divorce decree, you ask a higher court to review your original case to decide if mistakes were made in the original proceeding.

    Q Can my spouse and I agree on the terms of our divorce?

    Yes. You may file agreed final documents once the 90-day window has passed. If you both agree to asset and debt division and all issues relating to any children, you will complete the final documents and both sign them. Alternatively, your spouse may also sign a joinder to your petition if you agree to all of the terms before filing. Even if you agree to all the terms, it is still a good idea to review your documents with an attorney before you file.

    Q Is a divorce trial necessary?

    No. In fact, most cases settle before going to trial. Before moving to the courtroom, the parties may first attempt to resolve the conflict themselves, either alone or with the aid of legal counsel. If they are unable to resolve the dispute, they often seek additional support from a mediator. Very often, after the parties attend mediation, the parties are able to resolve their issues. In the event the parties do not reach an agreement, they proceed to trial.

    Rate us and Write a Review

    Research Skill

    Communication Skill

    Client Care





    Your review is recommended to be at least 140 characters long

    Show all timings
    • Monday08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
    • Tuesday08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
    • Wednesday08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
    • Thursday08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
    • Friday08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
    • Saturday08:00 AM - 05:00 PM

    Your request has been submitted successfully.

    • $$$$
    building Own or work here? Claim Now! Claim Now!