Aleksandr (“Alex”) A. Volkov assists his clients in civil litigation, specializing in the areas of real property and employment law.
Within the realm of real property disputes, Alex helps clients to resolve issues with their tenants and landlords, neighbors, brokers, regulatory agencies or departments, partners, and co-owners. Those issues include:
- Evictions (unlawful detainers, and affirmative actions for wrongful eviction)
- Real Property related torts (e.g. nuisance, breach of duty, conversion, premises liability, habitability issues)
- “HOA” condominium and common-development property conflicts and litigation
- Construction-related complaints (mechanic liens, breach of contract, warranty cases, consumer protection)
- Title and ownership issues (quiet title, partition, co-ownership and partnership related actions)
- Sales and Brokerage disputes
Alex maintains a publication on the subject of landlord-tenant legal issue of pre-litigation (“eviction”) notice,
titled “Eviction Notice In San Francisco“
Alex also assists employers in defense against various labor law complaints, such as:
- Wage & Hour complaints for lost or unpaid wages, meal or rest breaks, and other similar grievances
- Common law tort and contract claims in connection with employment
Volkov Law Office represents clients in the Northern California superior courts, Northern California District Federal Courts and same District Bankruptcy Courts, as well as before numerous state and county-level administrative bodies, boards, and departments. Most often visited administrative forums include: the office of California Labor Commissioner, the San Francisco Rent Board and its Appeals board, the San Francisco Planning Department, San Francisco Department of Building Inspection, the San Francisco Board of Appeals.